Welcome to Midwest Eye Associates
Midwest Eye Associates has served the greater St. Louis and St. Charles area with the highest quality vision care since 1969. Our doctors strive to provide the most comprehensive eye examinations possible. We offer the newest product lines for frames, contact lenses and sunglasses to help maximize everyone’s visual potential. And using the latest technology we can manage nearly every eye condition including glaucoma, macular degeneration, keratoconus, dry eyes and allergies.
The doctors and our knowledgeable staff pride ourselves on delivering the best service possible to all our patients and we hope you choose one of Midwest Eye Associates 5 convenient locations for your next eye exam.
Focus on Technology
Each month we'll focus on some of the advanced tools and equipment that we use at Midwest Eye Associates to provide our patients with the best and most advanced professional eye care.
This month the focus is on The GDx Optic Nerve Fiber Analyzer which takes a detailed image of the optic nerve to assess the risk or advancement of glaucoma, which is a disease that slowly destroys the optic nerve.
Q&A with Dr. B.
Dr. Seth Bachelier Answers Your Eyecare Questions
Why can’t I see up close anymore?
The term for losing near vision as we age is called presbyopia. When we are young, our focusing system is typically really, really strong and our eye muscles can alter the shape of our natural lens inside the eye, allowing us to see well up close. But, the natural lens hardens and the muscles tend of weaken over time which makes focusing to read much more difficult. This process happens to EVERYONE with no exceptions! It generally begins around age 45 and continues until age 60 or 65 when the process is complete. The one caveat is for some nearsighted people, who can occasionally (with the EXACT amount of nearsightedness) see to read by just lifting their glasses up. But even that can be short lived. Treating presbyopia is fairly simple with bifocal glasses, no-line bifocals or progressives, and even with multifocal contact lenses. There are certainly a number of options to help with near vision for almost every lifestyle imaginable.
- Request an appointment
- Complete patient forms for check ups & eye exams
- Find a map, directions, hours & contact details
- See insurance plans we accept
- Meet our eye doctors who serve St. Charles, Creve Coeur, St. Peters, Fenton & Wentzville, MO.
- See the designer frame brands we carry at any of our opticals in St. Charles, Creve Coeur, St. Peters, Fenton & Wentzville, MO.
- Reorder contact lenses from our opticals.
- Learn all about Lasik and other options for eye surgery
- Pursue treatment of eye disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, allergies, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy
- Read about our complete eye exams, children's vision care, treatment of eye diseases and more.
Great Eyewear and Eye Care in St. Charles, St. Peters, Creve Coeur, Fenton and Wentzville MO
From our offices in St. Charles, St. Peters, Creve Coeur, Fenton, and Wentzville , Midwest Eye Associates serves patients from Missouri's, Greater St. Louis Area - schedule an appointment today. If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with our eye doctors.
- Oct 31, 2014 - 7 Things You Should Know About Eyelid Twitches
- Oct 23, 2014 - October is...
- Sep 28, 2014 - World Sight Day Challenge – No More Avoidable Blindness
- Mar 25, 2014 - Allergies are Here!
If it's Springtime in St. Louis, it must be Allergy Season... More »
- Jan 8, 2014 - Welcome to our New Website
Visit our new optometry website for information about our Practice. More »
- Jan 6, 2014 - Pink, Stinging Eyes?
It Could Be Pink Eye. More »
"Year of Children's Vision"
Prevent Blindness America and partner organizations have made a New Year's resolution to make 2014 the "Year of Children's Vision".