Welcome to Midwest Eye Associates
Midwest Eye Associates has served the greater St. Louis and St. Charles area with the highest quality vision care since 1969. Our doctors strive to provide the most comprehensive eye examinations possible. We offer the newest product lines for frames, contact lenses and sunglasses to help maximize everyone’s visual potential. And using the latest technology we can manage nearly every eye condition including glaucoma, macular degeneration, keratoconus, dry eyes and allergies.
The doctors and our knowledgeable staff pride ourselves on delivering the best service possible to all our patients and we hope you choose one of Midwest Eye Associates 5 convenient locations for your next eye exam.
Focus on Technology
Each month we'll focus on some of the advanced tools and equipment that we use at Midwest Eye Associates to provide our patients with the best and most advanced professional eye care.
This month the focus is on The GDx Optic Nerve Fiber Analyzer which takes a detailed image of the optic nerve to assess the risk or advancement of glaucoma, which is a disease that slowly destroys the optic nerve.
Q&A with Dr. B.
Dr. Seth Bachelier Answers Your Eyecare Questions
When should a child get his/her first eye examination?
I recommend a child’s first vision exam around 1 year of age. Missouri has a program called InfantSee, a public health initiative designed to encourage eye health and awareness. It is a one-time comprehensive eye exam at absolutely no charge for anyone less than 1 year of age. Without any communication from the child, an optometrist can adequately assess the eye muscles and alignment, refractive state of the eye (near or farsightedness) and the health of the eye. These factors combined can indicate if good eye health and quality vision will develop throughout childhood. If a child has no apparent visual problems and there are no other abnormalities, kids should return for eye exams at age 3 and then CERTAINLY again before they start kindergarten. The age 5 or 6 eye exam is critical because children learn visually more so than through the other senses, making good vision a necessity when learning to read and starting school.
- Request an appointment
- Complete patient forms for check ups & eye exams
- Find a map, directions, hours & contact details
- See insurance plans we accept
- Meet our eye doctors who serve St. Charles, Creve Coeur, St. Peters, Fenton & Wentzville, MO.
- See the designer frame brands we carry at any of our opticals in St. Charles, Creve Coeur, St. Peters, Fenton & Wentzville, MO.
- Reorder contact lenses from our opticals.
- Learn all about Lasik and other options for eye surgery
- Pursue treatment of eye disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, allergies, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy
- Read about our complete eye exams, children's vision care, treatment of eye diseases and more.
Great Eyewear and Eye Care in St. Charles, St. Peters, Creve Coeur, Fenton and Wentzville MO
From our offices in St. Charles, St. Peters, Creve Coeur, Fenton, and Wentzville , Midwest Eye Associates serves patients from Missouri's, Greater St. Louis Area - schedule an appointment today. If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with our eye doctors.
- Dec 4, 2014 - "Eye" Am Home for the Holidays - 7 Eye Tips for College Students
- Nov 25, 2014 - Do You Know the Facts About Diabetic Eye Disease?
November is Diabetic Eye Disease Awareness Month. Do you know the facts? More »
- Oct 31, 2014 - 7 Things You Should Know About Eyelid Twitches
- Mar 25, 2014 - Allergies are Here!
If it's Springtime in St. Louis, it must be Allergy Season... More »
- Jan 8, 2014 - Welcome to our New Website
Visit our new optometry website for information about our Practice. More »
- Jan 6, 2014 - Pink, Stinging Eyes?
It Could Be Pink Eye. More »
"Year of Children's Vision"
Prevent Blindness America and partner organizations have made a New Year's resolution to make 2014 the "Year of Children's Vision".